AtHoc enables organizations to communicate with their people through numerous devices, and empowers organizations to create their own permission-based network to establish interoperable communication with other organizations in their community. The result: commercial and government leaders can effectively protect the people and organizations they care about. Around the block, around the world.
BlackBerry AtHoc’s key product updates include:
- Eight New Languages: Native language support through multiple worldwide datacenters for international customers leads to faster response and improved safety during a crisis.
- Enhanced Geographical Targeting: New custom map layering makes targeting users faster and easier for complex global organizations.
- Flexible Mobile Operations: Simplifications to the mobile experience, including customized user groups for operators and streamlined alerting for end users, optimize the ability to send and receive critical information during a crisis via the AtHoc mobile app.
- Augmented Performance: AtHoc continues to improve performance. With this latest update, it delivers up to 50 percent faster page loads in the product areas used most often, meaning it takes less time to start communicating during a crisis, keeping people and organizations safe.
- Enhanced Security and Privacy: AtHoc continues to invest in making its platform the most secure as well as adhering to global privacy standards.
“Communicating during and after a crisis is a universal challenge,” said Oded Shekel, Vice President of Product Management at BlackBerry AtHoc. “We make it easier for customers in Europe and Latin America to protect people by sending messages and monitoring activity in local languages. By automating this process and reducing the burden of translations, we are helping organizations reach personnel quickly during a crisis, without language becoming a barrier when response time is critical.”