Nine Outlook for Android app has a ton of features and I use most of them on a daily basis. Now the big reason I went to Nine was because of the way I use my device. I do not like a lock screen on my device, but my works email exchange server requires that when setting up my work email. I really did not want this, so I searched for quite a while and asked around and along came Nine. My work exchange server was fine with the Nine app and how it handled security. When you launch Nine you enter a security pin that keeps the work servers happy and me. Reasons may vary, but Nine for Android is a winner. Nine offers a free trial and a purchase price currently @ 9.99. After my trial period, I did not hesitate to pay that amount.
Nine is a full-fledged email application for Android based on Direct Push technology to synchronize with Microsoft Exchange Server using Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync.
– Direct Push Synchronization with Exchange ActiveSync. Nine does not have any server to store user’s Nine data. Nine app connects to user server directly. All Nine data is stored in user device only.
– Great user experience & beautiful GUI
– Multiple accounts
– Calendar and Contacts (Integrated into stock Calendar and Contacts application along with Nine account)
– Rich-Text Editor
– Client Cert
– Global Address List (GAL)
– Favorite Folder (Be able to check out all of email messages including sub-folders in one special folder at a time)
– Select folders to push (Email notification per each folder)
– Automatic setup for many popular email services like Office 365, Exchange Online, Hotmail, Live.com, Outlook, MSN or Google Apps
– Full HTML (inbound, outbound)
– Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)
– Hybrid Email Search (Integrate with fast local search and online search)
– Conversation Mode
– Unread Badge (Nova Launcher, Apex Launcher, DashClock and Samsung, Sony & LG devices)
– Widgets (Unread badge, Shortcuts, Email list, Tasks list and Calendar Agenda)
– SMS sync (Exchange 2010 and higher)
– Supports Android Wear
– Notes Sync (Exchange 2010 and higher)
– Tasks Sync (Recurrence Tasks, Reminder, Categories)